Sunday, January 6, 2008

A lazy Sunday afternoon...

Okay, so I have been very sad this week. I had to do something to feel a little bit better before I go back to work tomorrow. I think they are beginning to suspect that I am crazy. I have been caught crying (apparently with no reason) a few times this past few days. My boss actually asked me if I wanted to speak with Pastor Manny. Somehow, I don't think this is something I can discuss with clergy. So I went to Toni's today. Her home is my haven. My safe place. My scream, laugh or cry, it is all okay kind of place to be. I cried. Then I gave myself a facial. I didn't feel any better. So I gave myself a manicure and a pedicure. I still don't feel better, but I have softer skin and pretty hands and feet. The space bar on my computer keeps sticking. I hit it and it does nothing. So that is making me weepy too. How silly is that? Eventually I will be okay again. Eventually I will be able to smile a real smile, and not just fake it when people are looking a little too closely. But for now, I will just give a cheesy grin and fake my way through. For now I will be content that I am loved despite it all. Later I will go in and soak for a long time in a hot bath, and close my eyes, and try to take myself to a happy place. Later, I will crawl into bed and put my arms around my little girl and hope sleep claims me. And hope that I dream. And hope that in my dream, I get to be where I want to be. That's all,Goodnight.

And simply because i was bored while killing time at the keyboard waiting for The Honey to come online tonight i took a picture of my nails, aren't they pretty? I need to go get acrylics though, because they are all different lengths because they break at work. ( I actually took a picture of my toes too, but I have ugly feet and i will not post that!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not crazy, only human. I love you. You know where I am at if you need me.

someoneswife said...

Ticia,
I do need you, I may call in the morning when I wake up. I love you, too. Hugs, Dawn

CrystalChick said...

Here's a big {{{{{HUG}}}}} from NJ that reaches all the way out to the Midwest!!
I have many of those days too, so I know how you have to find things that can lift your spirits some.
I have lavender body wash in the tubbie or some other yummy goodies in there at all times, heatable neck packs, ETC.

Beautiful nails and color! Good job!

Speaking of feet....
you'de have to scan back a few pages on my blog, to maybe August, and the post about 'this little piggy' will show you another photoshop fix for when you want to do something with a normally yucky thing like feet. I was surprised that hubby let me take the pic. LOL
Of course it's winter now and my toes haven't been painted in months.
Cheer up chickie!!
Peace, Mary