Thursday, January 10, 2008

Waa, waa, waa, waa (That's how adults sound to Charlie Brown)...

Okay, so I started blogging a few nights ago, when the hubby decided to come and hover over my shoulder. UGH! I hate that! I closed it down, and can't seem to get back into the spirit of what I was writing. So...that is one that will remain a draft forever. I am in general in a much better mood than I was when I wrote the last blog that actually got posted. Why? Well, truth be told, because I have had a lot of talk time with The Honey. That man is the cure for what EVER ails me. I could use him right now, telling me some of his silly jokes. But, all in all, I am good today. I had a rough night at work. (And a late one!) It was rough because I care too much about doing my job RIGHT! What I do may be menial labour, but, I figure that I should take pride in doing my job to the best of my ability, regardless of how menial it may be. The labels kept printing incorrectly tonight. The packages kept sealing incorrectly. And the guy I work with was on my last fucking nerve. The meat was coming too quickly, and the boxes we needed to pack it into were not coming quickly enough. Finally, at one o'clock my lead said we were done. Never mind the fact that all the packages needed new labels because of the printing problems. Ignore the wrinkles in the shrink wrap. I actually argued with him. Told him that I would not pack the meat like that, because QA would be sure to come down on me for it. He just laughed and told me to pack and send it. I did, after telling him that I would not stamp any boxes with my number that I knew were wrong. (I am 317A by the way.) He told me he would take the blame, and to stamp the boxes. I laughed, and sent them without my seal. We can fight about it some more tomorrow. I am worn out. I wish I was sleepy, but sleep is eluding me again these days. I had gotten better about sleeping. I was up to about 6 hours a night for awhile. But this past two weeks or so, I have dropped back down to an average of three. The Honey told me something to think about when I am trying to sleep. It works, it helps me to fall asleep. (Thanks Baby!) But, problem is, I do not stay asleep. And I haven't had a dream that I can recall for some time. (That one I told you about is the last one I remember....I wish I could dream that again!) I don't sleep well in my bed at all. I wake up feeling worse than when I went to sleep. I sleep better on Toni's couch. (It could be the reason I am on Toni's couch in the first place, that is what actually helps me sleep.) Maybe I need to start working out after I get home from work. Right now, what I do, is sit my ass down at this computer, and vegetate for hours. I can't go to sleep, just on the off chance that I actually sleep well. I have to stay up until at least seven in the morning, in order to get the kids up for school. They have missed far too much school from me sleeping through my alarm, and the school is starting to get upset. So, I stay up, and sleep after I get them out the door. I have been killing my time in yahoo chat. It is boring most of the time, but occasionally I find someone interesting to talk with. And that is about all I can think of to write about tonight. So, I will end with a joke I heard today that I thought would make The Honey smile. If I don't say it now, I will forget it. (And I don't want a single comment about me being racist, because anyone who knows me knows that I am not!) Okay here it goes.....

Man 1: I am pissed off at Santa this year!
Man 2: Why?
Man 1: Because I asked for a black Hummer with a lot of chrome.
Man 2: You didn't get it, huh?
Man 1: Yep! That fucker sent me a crack whore with braces!
And that, my friends, made me giggle. That's all, Goodnight!

1 comment:

CrystalChick said...

I've had a couple drafts not make the blog for different reasons. One was political and sometimes I'm hesitant to share my views so I'll probably change it. I think I'll put up the test results tho for some test I took recently.

Hubby might read a little here and there if I'm on my page but overall feels that blogging, chatting, etc. is unneccessary. Of course we disagree on this. LOL
He thinks people are too open and gossipy and I feel like I need to hear what others go thru sometimes to help myself get thru what bugs me. Hard to explain in a comment.
He is just more private about things and would rather have only a couple people to talk to personally rather than the unknowns of cyberspace. But sometimes 'strangers' can be kinder than ones own family or an extention of. He doesn't quite understand that because he still has not only his parents but his birth family too, and siblings, etc. where I have lost alot of my family. The relationship with my sister has gotten better, but can't see it ever being what it once was and that's hard.
So he has his time, I have mine, and then we get together for lots of loving good times in between.
Have a great weekend, Dawn!
Peace, Mary