Monday, February 25, 2008

The Fergie fiasco, and new shoes...

Okay, so my beautiful dog Fergie has landed herself in doggie Dachau! That's right, she is in the pound. They are keeping her jailed for the next ten days! Ten days! I could go commit a convenience store robbery and be out in less time. See she made a bid for freedom this afternoon. But that is not why she is in doggie jail. She ran wildly allover the neighborhood. Romping with the kids chasing her, scaring all the other animals whose paths she crossed. She was having fun. She let the kids chase her for awhile, then she turned and chased them for awhile. The game continued thusly until a helpful neighbor decided she could be of assistance. She went into her house and came back out with a treat for Fergie. A rawhide chew stick. Fergie's favorites. Of course Fergie eats them completely in a matter of less than a minute, so it is not something she gets often. The woman held out the treat to Fergie hoping to help the kids catch her. Fergie took the treat, but scraped the woman's pinkie finger in the process. Her husband freaked out. He showed up at my house demanding to see shot records. He called the police. He called the pound. They came and took my sweet Fergie. The woman from the animal shelter was shocked when she met Fergie. She expected some vicious beast. Instead she was met by a 95 pound lap dog who wanted to lick her face and who was shaking all over with excitement at all the attention she was getting. She spoke with the woman who got "bit". I will say she was honest. She admitted that Fergie did not intend to hurt her, and that she was fine. Her husband was drunk and belligerent, but since Fergie broke skin she had to be taken. On the downside, it will cost around one hundred and fifty bucks to spring her from doggie jail. But, on the upside, since she was actively being pursued we are not getting a dog at large ticket and the fine will cover this year's license fees and micro chipping. Her rabies vaccines are all current, so it is just a matter of waiting the ten days for her to come home. The kids have learned a valuable lesson about being careful when coming and going from the house, and the shelter is within walking distance so they can go and see her everyday if they want to. All in all, it could have been a whole lot worse. The worst part of it all was hearing my children sobbing as they took Fergie away. For that I will find a way to get even with the drunk bastard who did this! But, that will wait ... for awhile.

After the whole Fergie fiasco, I took my son Jamie to get some new shoes. I seem to have to get him new ones every other month these days. I think puberty is officially hitting him. His voice is starting to crack a bit when he speaks. He has shot up over the past few months and is now taller than I am by a few inches. He is sprouting underarm hair ( I will not ask about other places, there are some things a mom doesn't need to know), and today the shoes we bought were a men's size twelve. Twelve! When did that happen? I swear it seems like just last week that I was holding him in my arms nursing him. His big brown eyes looking up at me like I was the sun, the moon and all the stars rolled up together. Actually, as much as we fight these days, he still looks at me like that sometimes. He is a great kid all in all. And funny! He makes me giggle with his silliness. We had fun shopping together, though he did get a bit irritated when i made him help me find the "boyshort" panties I wanted! (hahahahaha) I sometimes wish he would stay my little boy, but it is also fun watching him grow into a man. That's all, goodnight.

4 comments:

CrystalChick said...

Yay! Pictures!
What a sweet young man you have there! You sure do wuv each other. :)
Why does your baby Fergie have to be in for 10 days? Aren't animal shelters really overcrowded? I can see doing an overnighter or two, for shots and tagging, but more than that is excessive.
The neighbor sounds a little like trouble. There are other ways that could have been handled.

CrystalChick said...

My dear Dawn is MIA again..... what's happening darling??

CrystalChick said...

My goodness Dawn, you have been gone a LONG time... and I miss ya honey. Drop by and say hello sometime please! Hope everything is okay.
Have a nice holiday weekend. Peace, Mary

someoneswife said...

Mary,
I miss you too woman! Sorry I have been going MIA for such long stretches lately, life has taken over and I find I have neither the time nor the inclination to post often. I do miss and luv ya all. So I will write a little something now....Hugs and kisses, Dawn