Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Valentine's Day can kiss my ...

Okay, so Valentine's Day is tomorrow. Who cares? The truth of the matter is I do. I know it is just another day, but this year for the first time in eighteen years, I will not be part of a couple on Valentine's Day. I will be alone, utterly and completely alone. I will get no roses. No candies. No jewlery. I will get no romantic card. No dinner out. No night of pampering and romance. The last time i was single on Valentine's Day, I bought myself my rose tattoo that is on my ankle. Maybe this year I will get something fun again. Maybe I will get a new tattoo. Maybe I will get something peirced. Maybe I will go out to the bar and find a boy that wants to kiss me. Or maybe, what is more likely is that I will work all night, and then come home, cuddle up on my couch alone, and cry myself to sleep. Being so completely alone on Valentine's Day sucks. That's all, Bye.

3 comments:

CrystalChick said...

You are loved every day of the year so just try to hold on to that rather than zero in on one day. One overpriced, overrated, commercial, exaggerated day.
Even tho I do have my 'valentine', it's not a day that's any different for us. And you will be a 'couple' again some day soon!
So this year just celebrate loving YOURSELF!

But here's a {{{{ROSE}}}} and a piece of {{{chocolate}}} from me.
Glad you are blogging again! hugs, Mary

someoneswife said...

Mary,
Thank You so much for reminding me of that! You are right. I am well loved. I also found that while I was physically alone on Valentine's Day, I had a special someone who made every attempt to spend as much time with me as possible that day. While I am not part of a "couple" as most people would acknowledge it, I am part of a very special relationship, with someone who loves me dearly, and reminds me of that often! Thank You Mrs. Mary for the rose, and the chocolate. (Insert huge smile with chocolate stuck in my teeth here.) I have missed you too my friend. Hugs and a hope that your Valentine's Day was full of as much romance as the rest of your life seems to be, Dawn

Anonymous said...

Sending you a -->>-@ and some chocolate {{{Huggs}}}

You are one of the most special people I know. Take care of you!