Wednesday, May 23, 2007

My 14th Wedding Anniversary

May 22nd 2007 was my 14th wedding anniversary. We did not do anything special. He bought me a CD I had been saying I wanted. I bought him a book about the history of the Corps a few months ago (he got it back then, he never waits for anything). He got my son up for school this morning, and fell back asleep before it was time to get our daughter up. She missed the bus, and woke me up at 9 a.m. to tell me. I got her to school and tried to go back to sleep. It didn't work. So, after about three hours of blissful unconsciousness, I was up for the day. He was still sleeping. I came out to the computer, and checked my email, blogged for a minute, and then jumped in the shower. When I left the house at noon, he and our youngest were both still sleeping peacefully. I woke him up to tell him I was leaving, kissed him and told him I Love him. He reminded me to pay a bill, and I was off. I went to my friend Tony's house, and had coffee before work. I was at work by 2:35. On my lunch break I called him to tell him Happy Anniversary, and then rushed outside for a smoke before my break was over. I worked until after one a.m. When I got home he was sitting on the couch, building a model tank, watching a war documentary, World War Two, I think. My dinner was sitting on the stove, homemade taco's. Leftovers from the night before. But they were warm. Our youngest ate half my dinner as she usually does. I got online to check my email, and started pming with a very good friend (Dee, I love ya, and Billy will be home soon). As I sit writing this he is still in the living room on the couch. He is staying up to do my laundry, he forgot this afternoon. I am about to head to bed. He will finish the laundry and work some more on the tank. When I wake in the morning he will be asleep, and it will start all over again. Nothing special. But knowing he is there, knowing he is always going to be there, even when he forgets to do the laundry, well that is special. And our love is special. And I am grateful for all 14 years.

No comments: