Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Things I Do For My Kids...

So, my children have informed me that if I blog, I must list some of my favorite things like movies, songs, books, etc. Who knew? So to satisfy my kids I will list some of those things, but I will not call any of them favorites, because there are just too many I enjoy to pick a few. so here it goes.

Books

Memnoch the Devil by Ann Rice

King Rat by James Clavell

Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank

The Stand by Stephen King

Fried Green Tomatoes at The Whistle Stop Cafe by Fannie Flagg

The Lord Of The Rings (The entire series) by JRR Tolkien

The Harry Potter series by JK Rowling

The Dark Tower series by Stephen King

A Painted House by John Grisham

A Hole in the World by Richard Rhodes

There are about a million more (okay, maybe not a million) but they will have to wait for my next list.

MOVIES

The Lord Of The Rings Series

Beaches

The Color Purple

Seven

28 days Later (I know it is hokey, but I like it)

Memoirs Of A Geisha

Legends Of The Fall

Hellfighters

We Soldiers Once (And Young)

Blood Diamond

Seven Years In Tibet

Pride And Prejudice

Star Wars (original series only)

Silence Of The Lambs

The Pursuit of Happyness

Pan's Labyrinth

Hitari

Flags of our Fathers (though I did not like Letters from Iwo Jima)

Million Dollar Baby

Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence

Saving Private Ryan

Black Hawk Down

Schindler's List

Calendar Girls

Hotel Rwanda

This list too is by all means not complete. After you have watched all those let me know and I will post more.

No comments: