Saturday, May 26, 2007

What I do on a Saturday

It is my first weekend off this month, and I've been damned tired. Just kind of worn, you know? So today, I slept. And slept, and slept. I finally crawled out of bed at about 2:30 this afternoon. Not because I wanted to, but because my bladder demanded it. Once I am out of bed, that is it for me, there is no going back. So I hopped online and listened to a few songs as I smoked my first cigarette of the day. The two older kids were off playing. The youngest who has adopted my extremely late night habits, was still sleeping. I just sat here and enjoyed the sunlight coming in through the window. It felt good on my face. My friend Tony called, and off I went. I had promised we would go to the store together. We drove across the bridge to Omaha. Iowa recently added a dollar per pack tax on cigarettes. I bought a couple of cartons. Then we headed to Wal-Mart. I hate that place, but it is the most convenient grocery store. I bought something for dinner tonight. We are having homemade sub sandwiches. It is my night to cook. See how I got out of that one? I came home, and played with the little one for awhile. The two oldest have chosen to spend the night with friends. My hubby, trying to get back on some semblance of a normal schedule, stayed up all night last night. His body has revolted, and he is now blissfully unconscious. I would put money on it, that he will sleep all night. So it looks as though it is the little one and I for the night. When I finish typing this, I will make us dinner. While we are eating I will put in "The Brave Little Toaster", and she and I will watch it together. (I love that movie, it is so cute.) When it is over, I will put in another movie for her. I bought her the whole "Toaster" series. She has never seen them before. I will open a bottle of wine, and sit down at my computer, hoping that my "cyber soul-mate" (lol, you know who you are) will be online to keep me company tonight. We will probably chat into the wee morning hours. When we say goodnight, I will go crawl into my bed with a good movie. I am considering something with Audrey Hepburn, or maybe my new John Wayne. (I just got "Hitari" on DVD, finally.) Maybe I will opt for something romantic, or something funny. I can't decide yet, I don't know how I will be feeling then. I will watch the movie, and somewhere about half way through it, I will fall asleep. I will sleep for about four or five hours, and wake up to get the kid's clothes ready for church. And my Sunday will begin. It is not a great life. Not very interesting, not at all risky. But it is mine. I am glad it is.

No comments: