Sunday, December 23, 2007

The Bah Humbugs got me, it is my only excuse...

Okay, so I had to work last night. I was originally told that it would be a short night, that was a lie. I had to put in a nine hour night. It was not a pleasant evening for me. Because we are going to have three days off, we had a lot to get finished. The guy that works on my line was not being helpful at all. At one point he actually stood with his arms crossed and refused to take the meat from the line. Of course it was coming so fast that i could not pull it all, and it started falling on the floor. I yelled at him to take the meat off the line. I did not say it nicely. In fact I think what I said was, "Take the God Damned meat off the mother fucking line asshole!" Every package of meat that hits the floor is another two minutes of work for me. The package must be opened, the meat repackaged, resealed, relabeled, and repacked. Needless to say I was not at all pleased by the fact that there were about fifty packages of meat on the floor. And all because we did not have the proper boxes to pack them in. I tried to explain that he could just pile the meat into the wrong boxes until we got the right ones, but he stubbornly refused to do it. The more I yelled at him the more obstinate he became. Finally my lead person happened by and saw what was happening. He told the man to help. He again refused. The lead brought over the supervisor who then spoke to the man. They shut down our line and we spent the next twenty minutes boxing all the meat that had accumulated on my side of the line thrown into the wrong boxes, and piled all around me. I was so angry about all of this that I was muttering some not so nice things under my breath at him for the rest of the night. Finally we got all caught up, got all the packages reworked, and finished up our work. By that time I had calmed myself a bit, and as we were leaving, I turned to him and said with much sincerity, "I hope you have a very Merry Christmas." He gave me an odd look, and said nothing. It wasn't until about an hour later that it hit me. I had just wished a Merry Christmas to a Muslim. LMAO! Oh well, I hope he understands the intention behind the words, and does not take too much offence. And now that my little story is out of the way, let me say to all of you, that I hope you have the very Merriest of Christmases (Or a Happy Hanukkah), and A very Happy (but safe) New Year! You will be in my thoughts, in my heart, and I will say a prayer for each of you, that the new year be kinder and gentler than the last. That's all, Bye.

No comments: