Sunday, December 9, 2007

Goodbye And Godspeed William Heitert Jr....

Okay, so tonight one of my best friend's (Bill's) father passed away. I know Bill is hurting right now, so let me just say Bill that I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Your father was a good man, and I know he loved you very much. His loss will be felt by our family for years to come as he was both like a father to Jimmy and a Grandfather to all of my children. God Bless you in this time with peace knowing that he is safe in God's arms.

Okay, so the hubby will be going to Montana for a week. He will be leaving tomorrow night, and won't return until sometime Saturday night. He is going to help Bill get through the funeral. This week will be very hard on everyone. It will be emotionally draining for both Bill and the hubby. And it will be physically draining on me. Because of the hubby's absence this week, I will have to come home at one thirty, or two in the morning, try to sleep almost immediately, and then be back up by five thirty to get the children off to school. At eight thirty when Corrine leaves, I will then have to attempt to clean house a bit, and prepare dinner for the kids for when they get home. I will have to take Kylie with me to work each day, and send her home with Toni, so that Jamie can pick her up to babysit her after he gets home from school. Poor Jamie will then be responsible for himself and the girls until I get home in the wee morning hours. He is a good kid, and he is old enough to watch them, but still it will be hard on him, as he will have to act as both mom and dad in our absence. Of course Toni is on call for any help the kids may need, and my friend and neighbor Don lives just across the street and will be checking in on the kids regularly. But Jamie will have to make sure that homework gets done, and that dinner is eaten, and baths taken and bedtimes observed. That is an awful lot to ask from him. But I have faith that he will do well. I wish I could get the time off of work to just stay home with the children this week, but I just can not afford to do that. If we want to eat, I have to work, so, life goes on, and we will make it through...but if I do not blog much this week, do not be alarmed, it is just because I have fallen asleep at the keyboard, and will wake up sometime later with imprints of the home row keys in my forehead. That's all, Goodnight.

No comments: