Monday, December 24, 2007

My Christmas Eve Eve...

Okay, so I spent all of today gathering all the Christmas presents I had scattered around at friends houses, and my own home, and took them all to Toni's so we could spend the evening wrapping. We had a nice time. But I must admit one of the gifts was testing my patience today. My dear friend Paula called me last week, saying she had a wonderful gift for me. Seems our church got new computers for the family history center, and were giving away the old computers. She grabbed one up for me, not realizing that at tax time this past year I had broken down and bought myself a new computer. When I told her, she was a bit disappointed. I told her though, that I would love to be able to give a computer to my son, but simply could not afford to do it this year. Needless to say, he will be opening a computer on Christmas morning. However, it turns out that the computer was not from the church's Family History center, but someone seeing that the church had made computers available to anyone who wanted one, decided to donate one as well. It is a great computer really. A Dell. Better than mine, in fact. Faster processor, more memory. The only advantage mine has is that I bought myself the 19 inch flat panel monitor, and his has the big huge one that takes a lot of desk space. Whoever donated this computer wiped the hard drive before hand. A good move. However, they seemed to have corrupted some of the hard drive in doing so, so reloading an operating system was a bitch. After several failed attempts we were finally successful! (Thanks, Don! I owe you a big, wet, sloppy kiss!) After finally getting the computer up and running, I went to Toni's to wrap gifts. I really need to hire someone to do that next year. I usually go all out. A dozen different papers, boxes, bags, bows, curling ribbons, gift tags, etc. But this year I used three papers, no bows, no ribbons. Lmao. I think I am getting lazy in my old age. Or maybe I have just come to the realization that no one has ever given two hoots about all that stuff but me, and therefor have never appreciated the effort I put into it. They just rip everything to shreds, and throw it away while bitching because I bought the wrong color hoodie, or the Bratz doll with the brown hair and green eyes instead of with the red hair and blue eyes. Ya know, Paula also gave me a gift for Christmas. I am not sure if I will ever actually use it, but it is nice to have, to know I can if I ever choose to. She gave me a web cam and microphone. LMAO. Of course I can never admit to that in chat. I would be hounded mercilessly. But really the reason I may never use it is very selfish. LOL. I do not want to have to brush my hair and wear more than my robe just to check my email and chat. I like sitting here in nothing but a huge T shirt. I like blogging with my hair in a ponytail, no makeup on, drinking a cup of french vanilla coffee, and chain smoking. I like eating with my fingers, and not worrying that someone is watching me lick pizza sauce from my fingertips before I can type the next line. I like not having to clean the room behind me to be on my computer. I like having my daughter sleeping in my lap, forgetting that she quit nursing over a year ago and start rooting for some boo boo juice while I gently push her mouth away from my breast. I like the fact that if I yawn i do not have people counting the fillings in my mouth. I like that I can scratch any part of me I wish, anytime I wish and not offend anyone. So maybe i will put her very thoughtful gift on a shelf and forget it is there. Or maybe I will hook it up once in awhile for certain people. Who knows. I do not even know myself. Anyway, that's all, Goodnight.




I had to wrap all of these gifts... ugh.. i am glad i am done.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Dawn! Glad to hear you got it fixed!

Love and Hugs,
Paula
From one who considers it a special gift to know you in person ;)

CrystalChick said...

Oh I see you trying out the web cam some day!! tee hee
Wow, thatsalotta gifts there and all that wrapping, wow!
I'm doing more gift bags each year I think. :(
Merry Christmas ... Oops, it's after midnight, but hope you had a wonderful time.
Peace to you and yours in the New Year!

someoneswife said...

Paula,
Thanks You so much! For everything, but most especially for the gift of your friendship. God certainly blessed me the day I met you. Hugs, Dawn

Mary,
You are probably right about the cam. LOL. He says that he will understand if I leave it on a shelf, that he already knows what I look like, but I am sure someday I will hook it up, and then it will be hard to stop. LOL. God Bless the person who decided to be lazy, and started the gift bag trend. I use them for all the oddly shaped things. And last minute gift buying is much easier when you can shove it into a bag, and it looks like you actually worked at it. They are alos great for giving multiple gifts, such as for baby showers. But I still prefer to use a baby bathtub full of all kinds of goodies, and wrapped like a fruit basket. (I need to go to a baby shower, it has been too long since I have had the chance to buy baby things.. lol) Hugs, Dawn

And Happy New Year to you all!

CrystalChick said...

At my daughter's baby shower she got 2 baby baths and one of them was wrapped like that, but with a crib sheet I think, and all the goodies inside. And I gave my sis-in-law one too. They are fun to do. And new mommies sure need everything in it!