Saturday, November 17, 2007

I started out angry, but ended up smiling...

Okay, so just for the record, I did NOT go to the bar tonight. See how early it is while I am writing this post? Actually, I do not know what to write about. I was going to write about idiot delivery drivers who mistakenly delivered my memory card for my new camera to someone else's house, but (silly me) it was in my mailbox the whole time. But really, how was I supposed to know? When they delivered my camera they just left it sitting on the porch. Lucky someone was home, otherwise I might have never gotten it. Maybe that is a clue though, that I should start checking my mail more than once a week. But really, all I ever get is bills, and catalogues (so that I can create more bills.) so once a week is usually sufficient. Things have been pretty okay for me lately. In my fucked up world, okay is really a lot better than usual, so I am happy about that. I have decided though, that I need to learn patience. I have none. At least not for stupid people, and that is where my problem lies. I am always surrounded by idiots. The one that has been bothering me the most lately is a guy at work. I do not know his name. It is on his hardhat, but I couldn't pronounce it to save my life. He is new. Well, new to my department anyway, and he is driving me insane! He works my line with me (Yes, my line. I refused to bid a job at my new plant, simply because I wasn't sure if I liked it enough to stay. So the other night, the boss man came up to me and told me that he had done the paperwork for me to "own" my job, without consulting me. He told me that I will be the one person who will always work my line, apparently I am good at this job, and he didn't want some other supervisor to be able to take me out of his department. I guess it is okay. It came with a thirty cent an hour raise. Not much, but every little bit helps.) So now they have put this idiot with me on my line. I swear, I almost quit last night. This guy is just clueless. I don't think he can read numbers very well, and reading numbers is a huge part of out job. Seriously, how hard is it to read the numbers and put the right packages in the right boxes, and apply the right labels? Not only does he constantly fuck it up, but he is always poking me on the shoulder asking me if he is using the right labels. UGH! Like I am not busy enough, doing the work of two people because he is incapable of reading the damned numbers! UGH! sorry, I am just venting. I really need to stop. Actually, I was in the middle of writing this blog last night when The Honey came online and we started chatting. After that I just didn't feel like bitching anymore. I was smiling too much. He makes me laugh. He makes me smile. Thanks Honey, I needed that. I hope you are feeling better today than you were last night. I hope time with me is as therapeutic for your blues as time with you is for mine. That's all people, Bye.

No comments: