Friday, November 9, 2007

Kylie's Birthday, The Marine Corps Birthday, and Veteran's Day...

Okay, so November eleventh, Veteran's Day, is my daughter Kylie's Birthday. (We already celebrated on the same night we celebrated my son Jamie's Birthday, since my nights home are few and far between. His was October twenty-third.) Kylie was a planned C-section birth. Well, kind of planned. She was actually supposed to be born on November tenth, so that she would be born on... yes, I really did choose this... The Marine Corps Birthday! LOL... I know, I am strange, but that is how it was planned. (You all know my weakness for Marines, so why this should come as a huge shock to you, I couldn't guess.) She was supposed to be born on the Marine Corps Birthday, but it didn't quite work that way. My doctor kept getting called away for emergencies. My delivery being "planned" did not qualify me as such. On and off all that day he would come sprinting into my room, and ask if I was ready. On and off all day that day, he would get a call, or a page, and have to go sprinting off to somewhere else. He did finally make it back at about eleven forty that night, and asked me if I still wanted to try and have her born on The Marine Corps Birthday! I said that Veteran's Day would work just as well, as my Doc had been running to and fro and performing emergency procedures since at least five A.M that day. I wanted him well rested before he took a sharp object to my soft parts. It is kind of nice having her share her Birthday with Veteran's day. She sees parades, and thinks they are for her. Happy Early Birthday My Monster-faced Brat Child, Poo-Poo-Nut! (I am her mother, I can call her anything I wish! Scary part is, she actually answers to that all the time!) Here is a picture of my almost four year old demon child... she ate something really messy at Grandma Toni's.. isn't she a dolly?




Since November tenth is The Marine Corps Birthday, let me just say Happy Birthday to all Marines. (Past, Present, and future!) And Especially to Chesty Puller (The most decorated Marine in history!) who is looking down on all Marines tonight as they rest. (Or don't rest, as the case may be.) Happy Birthday to you all!


Enjoy the Marine Corps 2007 Birthday Message...



Since November eleventh is Veteran's Day, let me just say Thank You, to all who have ever, are now, or will ever serve this great Country of ours in any branch of our Armed Services. Thank You, and God Bless You, and Happy Veteran's Day!

Please, even if you have already seen this video a thousand times, take the time right now to watch it again, and remember all the men and women who are serving us right now, by giving so much of themselves to keep us safe in an unsafe world...





I am sending out a hug right now to My Favorite Vet (I wonder if anyone can guess who?)....Hugs, Dawn

That's all, Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is just adorable - and you're right to post the video as it touches my heart - I feel so blessed to have so many brave men and women serving my country...

someoneswife said...

Princess Extraordinaire,
Why thank you, I think she is pretty special! I would love to take all the credit, but she is a gift from God, he did all the real work, I just get to enjoy her. (Okay, the pregnancy with her wasn't easy, I had to be on insulin three times a day, but it was all well worth it.)
I have always loved that video since the first time I ever saw it. I have a special place in my heart for all members of our armed forces (I have a special place reserved for Marines!) and I pray for them every night. I am about to add a new link to my site... it is a website you can use to send troops Holiday care packages...there are so many who will get nothing else! Share the link, spread the word. Let us try to make sure that none of these brave souls spends the holiday's thinking they are forgotten!

Hugs, Dawn