Sunday, November 25, 2007

A pretty good day...

Okay, so today has been good. A waking up chat with The Honey, a quiet movie and a couple of cups of coffee with Toni, the kids are all out playing, the hubby is over at his buddies watching the game, the house is all mine, quiet, peaceful, just the sound of my little finches chitter chattering to keep me company. Maybe I will watch a movie. Maybe I will take a nap. Maybe I will eat some more turkey and stuffing until my belly feels like it is going to explode. Maybe i will read some more of the book I started. (Ticia got me The Claiming Of Sleeping Beauty as a belated birthday gift. I love that woman! I have been wanting that book for a long time. It is wonderfully trashy, and naughty, and makes me smile. Thanks Ticia!) What ever i decide to do, I will do it with a smile on my face. Because today has been a pretty good day. That's all, Bye.

4 comments:

CrystalChick said...

'An erotic novel of tenderness and cruelty for the enjoyment of men and women.'

YUM

I have it.

Anne's my favorite writer. :)

someoneswife said...

Mary,
She is one of mine as well. Do you like Steven King? If you haven't read it, you should read his Dark Tower series... while it is NOT erotica, it is a very compelling story.. kind of a western/magic/supernatural/romance/thriller/suspense drama kinda thing. One of the best reads ever as far as I am concerned. As for the great Anne Rice.. I would have to say of all her books, Memnoch is my favorite. I just love the twist of perspective she brings to the table. Hugs, Dawn

CrystalChick said...

Ah... I have read lots of King. My fav was some of his shorter ones... The Langoliers, The Sun Dog, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, I think that's the name anyway. For awhile his were getting sooooo long I started losing interest and fell into Anne's stuff. I think the last I read of his was Cell... something about cell phones anyway, even that wasn't grabbing me like the old stuff like Carrie and Dead Zone and The Stand.
But these days since the crafting got busier I haven't had as much time to read. Bummer, cause it was one of my absolute fav things to do.

someoneswife said...

Mary,
I know exactly what you mean! I used to get through a book a day, now I am lucky to get through one a week. With this one I am trying to take my time. Savor the experience, if you will. Hugs, Dawn

P.S. I am sure that the time I spend online had a little something to do with the slow down in my reading. Hugs, Dawn