Thursday, November 15, 2007

Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies...

Okay, so what the hell is it with people saying shit they do not mean? I just do not get it. I guess the fact that I am so completely honest makes me an oddity in this world, and that is rather depressing when you stop to think about it. I do not understand why people lie so much. I will admit to twisting the truth a bit on occasion, but why do people lie when it is not necessary? Just take for example a common situation that almost everyone has found themselves to be in at one time or another....You are sitting there minding your own business when someone (friend, child, significant other) ask you..."Does this look alright?" You lift your head to look, and see that what they are wearing is absolutely horrendous. Now, what do you do? Apparently, most people would lie at this point. "Why yes dear, it looks fine, let's go." And off you go about your day, with someone who looks like a Salvation Army reject. Why would you do that? Obviously the person who asked you, values your opinion otherwise they would not have bothered to ask, right? So why not just be tactfully honest? You don't have to tell them that they look like an walking advertisement for the local school for the visually impaired, you just have to be honest. "I think your blue sweater would look better with those jeans than that green and purple polka-dotted shirt with the bright orange details." See, not a lie, non-confrontational, no hurt feelings, and you do not have to be seen in public with someone dressed like a freak! Works all around. Why is that so difficult for most people? And then there are the whopper lies that people tell. For example someone recently told me that they would love to have another child, with me...WTF? I guess this is an easy thing to say, considering the fact that I had a tubal ligation over four years ago. So saying it really means nothing. In order for me to get pregnant at this point, I would have to be one of the 0.4% of women whose tubal ligation fails, or I would have to surgically correct the problem. Now, there are a few ways to go about having a child after tubal ligation. One is tubal ligation reversal, that is one option. Of course the procedure runs anywhere from seven to fifteen thousand dollars (depending on the type of procedure used to tie your tubes in the first place), and is NOT covered by insurance. And while the surgery is available to reverse the tubal, there is no guarantee that a pregnancy will ever happen, just luck of the draw kid! Okay so that is option one, option two is In Vitro Fertilization. Now here again we are faced with the fact that most insurance companies do not cover costs related to this procedure, so here we are looking at spending an even prettier penny. The cost for one try at In Vitro Fertilization is as follows...the expected cost of IVF is $9,000. This covers office visits, injection training, estrogen and ultrasound monitoring, hospital retrieval costs, 6 months of embryo freezing, lab fertilization expenses, hospital transfer costs and physician services. ICSI, if necessary, warranted and desired, is an extra $750. None of these costs include medication. A major cost of each cycle is medication. The range of medication costs is between $1,500 and $4,000 per cycle, with an average cost about $2,700. Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is an additional component of an IVF cycle usually used with male factor issues or when fertilization does not normally occur. The procedure, done in a laboratory, takes one sperm and injects it into one egg. (This is one of the cheaper places I found, and you probably get what you pay for.) So, we are talking a good hunk of change here and again, no guarantee. The success rates for women my age (They dropped quite dramatically in September when I hit thirty six instead of thirty five apparently) is thirty six percent, that means that to actually have a child, I would most likely have to try this procedure three times, right? Well, you do the math, and you can see, that I would still be paying off the Doc for the conception, by the time the little shit makes it to college. (Okay, maybe that is going a bit far, but still, that is a lot of money! Money I do not have.) So why in the name of God would he even say such a thing to me? Anyone who knows me, knows that I love children, that I want more children, and that to say such a thing to me just fucking hurts! It is down right cruel, and a completely unnecessary lie! Okay, I am done venting. I just needed to get that off my chest so that I can sleep tonight. That's all, Goodnight.

P.S. When do those test results come back? I am concerned. Let me know as soon as you know something, please.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See, now I'm a big fan of lies and deceit. Anything that protects others' feelings and keeps me in the clear is OK by me, truth or not.

someoneswife said...

My sweet, sweet LBB,
That is because you are so typically male my dear. (But I kinda like ya anyway!) Hugs, Dawn