Sunday, June 10, 2007

Just my lucky day....

I said I was going to go to bed. I guess I lied. Oh well, shit happens. I got to watching some trailers for some new indie films. There are a couple I want, so I decided to buy them. Of course, as is par for today. No luck. Apparently they can not be bought anywhere. (They are called "Away From Her" and "Waitress".) Just my luck, I tell you. So I decided to look for an old favorite of mine that I used to own on VHS many moons ago. Yeah well, strike three. I guess I am out. Oh, it is for sale all right. Only problem is that they are only for sale for region two DVD players. Region two covers Europe. South Africa. Japan. Oh, and do not forget Egypt. So in order to watch this wonderful movie, (It is called "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence" if anyone cares.) I have three options. Option one- I can move to a region two country and start a new life. Option two- I can spend four hundred and fifty dollars (roughly) to purchase a region two DVD player. Or, Option three- I can hack into my DVD player (after purchasing the kit to do it) and change a computer chip that will convert my DVD player into a region two player. Of course if I do this, I will no longer be able to watch any of the approximately two hundred DVDs I already own. I give up. This time I think I will really go to bed. I will try to wake up on the other side tomorrow, because today was just bad. Goodnight.

No comments: