Saturday, June 2, 2007

A smile...

Tonight, I smiled. It was a long hard night at work tonight. I did a job no one else wanted to do. It wasn't that it is so awful. It is just that you walk. Constantly. For eight (or more) hours. I am exhausted. I realized tonight, that I really need to lose this baby weight. The baby is three now for God's sake. I also realized, I smoke too much. That pack and a half a day is killing me. I came home worn out. My back hurt. My feet hurt. I was cold, and wet. I was just going to check my email while I ate, jump in the shower, and call it a day. I started doing just that. But then a friend Instant Messaged me. She didn't say much except "Hello" and "Goodnight", but it was what I found while I was trying to get the computer to put her I.M. on top that made me smile. See, I had been missing someone. Someone who always brightens my days (or nights). And while I was trying to pull back up Paula's I.M., I noticed that I had about eight offline messages from the person I have been missing. No, they weren't still online. No, we didn't get to talk tonight. But just knowing that they are there, and they are thinking of me, while I think of them, well that is good enough for tonight. It made me smile. And that smile is something I have really been needing lately. Thank You Sweetheart. I miss you. I just wanted you to know how much. (They know who they are. The rest of you reading this...it is none of your business..). Goodnight!

No comments: