Tuesday, July 24, 2007

EWW- What Smells...

So, I was talking to the honey this morning, and he told me about a guy he works with that they all call "stinky". Of course they do not call him that to his face. I also passed a man yesterday who smelled so incredibly delicious. He was wearing a cologne that brought back a lot of memories for me, some good, some bad. One of the hubby's best friends, Jeff, used to wear that particular brand, and I liked it so much that Jeff used to see me coming and would offer his neck to me like some kind of sacrifice. I could sit for hours just smelling him. And often did. (The brand is JOOP by the way.) Anyway, all this got me to thinking how important smell is to us as human beings. And the lengths to which we go to change the way we naturally smell. I got to thinking about how many products I use daily, to make myself smell good. It goes something like this. We will start in the shower, where I use Dial Pure and Natural soap. It really has no scent, but it washes away the funk of the day. I use Pantene Pro-V Sheer Voulume Formula shampoo, and conditioner. (which makes my hair smell really nummy, and while my hair is thin, it is quite long so nummy smelling hair is very important.) Once I get out of the shower I turn to my lotions. A Vanilla body lotion, and Avon Anew face lotion. (I work in the cold all day, and good moisterizing is essential.) I use either a baby powder scented deoderant, or I steal the hubby's which I really like. It is called "Curve for men". I get dressed in my clothes which were washed with Xtra Tropical Passion scented soap, and dried with Downy Simple Pleasures rose and violet fabric softener sheets. I use Crest mint toothpaste, and Crest Pro-Health mouthwash in mint as well. I then top all this off with a few well placed spritzes of my favorite perfume, Poison. (And ladies, no need to get crazy with it, just a dab on the wrists, one between the twins, and behind the knees (Trust me on this one), and you will be smelling great all day.) So that is eleven products that I use daily to change the way I smell. But hey, that is better than being called stinky behind your back. Okay, enough on this oh so strange subject. That's all, Bye.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is that smell?!!!! Hey Angel, I hope you are smiling as you read this. I can't wait to talk to you again. Smitten is the correct word after all. Talk to you soon.
Tommy

someoneswife said...

Tommy,
YOU make ME smile.