Saturday, July 21, 2007

Going it alone...

Okay, well we put in enough overtime this week that we actually do not have to work tonight. YEAH ME! So, I think I am going to go to the River Riot after all. But, I will be going alone. How sad is that? I know tons of people who are going, so I am sure I will run into someone I know, and can hang out with, but still, UGH. Everyone who asked me to go with them, I had to tell No, because I thought I had to work. Now, all the plans are made, all the tickets bought, and I will have to pay for mine at the gate. Have I mentioned that i hate my job?

So, on a different note. I managed to get out of work last night in time to meet up with the hubby, Toni, and the baby at the midnight sale of the new Harry Potter book. Of course I missed all the fun parts of the night, like watching all the kids in their costumes, and the trivia contests and such, but I did get to see the look on the face of a young girl (probably fourteen) who was the first person in the store to get a book. She was crying, and her hands were shaking as the man handed her the book. Now, to many of you that probably seems silly, but I love seeing kids that excited over reading. And I hate knowing that this is the end. The hubby and I got two copies, so we do not have to fight over who gets to read it first. I am only just starting chapter four. That is really slow reading for me, but I was very tired last night, and really, I want to take this book slowly, as I know I do not have another to look forward to. I have sworn off the news and radio for the next week or so, so that I can not accidentally hear who lives and who dies. But, I did do something that I am not proud of. I did not mean to. Really. I just went to see how many pages there were in the book. (759 by the way) I read the last line of the book. I couldn't help it. I wish I hadn't, because it revealed so much. Oh well, what's done can not be undone. Anyway, I am going to go bathe, and actually shave my legs, since I want to wear shorts to the concert. I am going to try to sneak in a camera. If I do manage it, I will post some pictures when I get them back. That's all. Bye.

No comments: