Tuesday, October 23, 2007

It isn't the couch.. it is the IDEA of the couch...

Okay, so I am sitting here lonely, and listening to AC/DC's Thunderstruck, and my mind is not here, and my heart is not here, and my soul is not here. They are all far off, visiting someplace else. Trying to invade someone else's dreams. Trying to get into someone else's head. Someone who is sleeping. Someone who is dreaming. Someone who is cuddled up warm somewhere. Someone who is cuddled up on a big leather couch, because the leather feels cool. And the television is on, because the light and the sound drive back the demons that try to creep in. My mind is taking me there. Taking me to that couch, taking me into those dreams. It is a safe place for me, in those dreams. My mind takes me to other people's dreams, because mine are not safe. Mine are not a good place for me to be. Mine are scary and cold, and dark, and that is why I do not sleep. That is why I need someone to open up and let me into their dreams. That is why I want to be on that couch, far away, cuddled up and warm, with the cool leather underneath me, sleeping, safe, loved. That's all, Goodnight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So that was you in there banging around and making all that noise while I was sleeping? Come on in any time.

someoneswife said...

I pineapple you too... lmao. Hugs, Dawn