Saturday, October 20, 2007

The smile that haunts my dreams...

Okay, so there is this guy at work. He is just a living doll. He is young, and sweet, and has a smile that haunts my dreams. He has sweet lips, that look so soft. And when he smiles, it fills his face, it shows in his big brown eyes. I find myself looking towards him a lot during the slow points of the night. Every time he looks up and meets eyes with me, I am rewarded with that huge toothy grin. His smile is so incredibly sweet. It gives me butterflies. It makes my heart do a little dance every time I see it flash in my direction. His eyes light up when he smiles. Dark brown, with little gold flecks. Dark brown hair, cut short, but still worn just a bit too long. (I am a sucker for high and tights, and flat tops.) He is not too tall, about 5'9". He speaks so softly. Almost in a whisper when he says hello to me each day. His voice is deep. Soothing. Musical. But, his hands aren't right. His hands are too delicate. Strong looking, but slender. That is the one thing that ruins the dream. The hands. They look too soft. See this guy at work, he isn't the one who haunts my dreams. It is not his smile I see when I close my eyes. It is not even his smile I see when I look at him. It is not his voice I hear greeting me each evening. Not his eyes I catch looking at me, not his hair I want to cut. Not his hands I want to hold. But, he sure does remind me of all those things. He reminds me, and I get butterflies each time. And I feel my heart dance in my chest. And I sleep a little better because of it. That's all, Goodnight.

No comments: