Sunday, September 9, 2007

Football cleats and missing pieces of my soul...

Okay, so my son had come to spend some time with us this weekend, and of course I ended up having to work practically the whole time he was here. I miss that boy. He is so sweet, and so funny, and so the second half of my soul. My girls are amazing creatures, make no mistake. But there is just something about that son of mine that makes me feel whole. I am so glad that he got to see his sisters though. They have been missing him terribly. Especially the youngest, Kylie. For her, her Bubba hung the moon and the stars. When she looks at him, her eyes light up in a way I do not see when he is gone. I remember when I brought her home from the hospital. Jamie asked if he could hold her, and I put her in his arms. He just sat and held her for hours. Touching her tiny hands and feet and face. Caressing her head. Cooing gently at her, and singing her lullabies. Jamie is the one who earned her first real smile. Jamie is the one she turns to first when her feelings get hurt. Jamie is the one she wants to hold her when she is scared. I guess maybe Jamie is the other part of her soul as well. I miss him. We miss him. I was online last night, very late as is usual. I had to work a full shift yesterday, and then I had to go get some groceries so we did not all starve to death this week. By the time I had gotten home, it was well after one in the morning. I jumped online hoping that My Honey would be there, but not really expecting it, as he lives in the Eastern time zone and is an hour ahead of me. Two A.M. is not a time when I expect him to be awake. And he wasn't. I contented myself with reading the messages he had left me at three different web locations. I was sitting here surfing around, just wasting time at almost three thirty (Four thirty for him.) this morning when he popped online. I was completely shocked. It seems that he had gotten up for a call of nature, and decided to jump online just to see if I was there. How incredibly sweet is My Honey? We could only talk for about half an hour, as people at his house were starting to stir. But it was enough to send me to sleep happy. I think he has another missing piece of my soul, because between the two of them (My Son, and My Honey) they seem to complete me. I wish they could know each other. I know it is not possible, but I also know that they would love each other as much as I love both of them. I need to go and buy my son some cleats for football. I will admit that I have never bought any kind of sports equipment like that before. My sporting goods purchasing has been limited to a football, a baseball and bat, a glove, and fishing poles. (And I can call fishing a sport if I want to Damn it! It is the only sport in which I ever participate, so just let me have it.) I asked The Honey if I could get cleats at Bass Pro Shop, as they are the only nearby Sporting Goods store I could think of. He just laughed at me. God, I am such a girl. But at least I understand what The Honey is talking about when he groaned about a play made during a football game he was watching. I like Football. I like Boxing. I do not think I would want to participate in either of these sports, but I am usually the loudest one in the room, yelling directions at the players when we are watching a game or cheering on my chosen fighter during a match. I need to get myself dressed and go to Toni's to get her awake. We have to run to Omaha for cigarettes today. Where I really want to be right now though is sitting right here, talking to My Son, or My Honey, or both. But for now I guess I will have to be content just knowing that where ever they are, what ever they are doing, they are both loving and missing me just like I am loving and missing them. That is all, Bye.

No comments: