Friday, September 7, 2007

Spanish poetry and holding hands during a walk through the zoo...

Okay, so at work tonight, I got completely covered in marinade, and gravy. It was not pretty let me tell you. I was literally drenched in it. I was wringing it out of my hoodie. I am not sure I will ever get the stains out. Note to self, only wear black at work from now on. (Yeah right!) Anyway, also at work tonight, I was late for the first time. When we took lunch, I grabbed my smokes, a diet pepsi, and my cell phone and headed out to the patio. I called The Honey, who has been on the road this week, and so has been able to talk to me every night so far. (Yeah for me!) We were having a nice little chat, and I was sharing my new Spanish vocabulary with him. (Of course the girls at work only seem to want me to learn to say dirty words. So my Spanish vocabulary includes such phrases as "Suck my dick", "Lick my pussy", "Fuck off, mother fucker", "Your mother was a whore", and "Come fuck me, my lover(Heart)." Maybe someday they will teach me something I can actually use in day to day conversation.) The Honey shared his knowledge of Spanish with me by saying one of the sweetest things I have ever been told. (Of course I had to make him translate it for me.) I got so engrossed in our conversation, that I did not notice that everyone else had gone in. By the time I realized it, hurriedly said my goodbyes, and ran in to suit up for work, everyone else was already working. Thankfully, my lead that was in charge tonight has become my friend, so rather than getting in trouble, I just got teased about it. She said she knew who I was talking to by the "far-away look" in my eyes. I told her that next time, she needed to let me know time was up, otherwise I would probably be late again. She just laughed, and told me that is what love does to people, makes them stupid. She understands me better than most I think. I got to thinking tonight that I really want to go to the zoo. It has been a few years since I have been. I love our zoo. The Henry Doorly Zoo. I love walking through the Lied Jungle, sometimes spending an hour or more to just look around. Another favorite part of the zoo for me is the Scott Aquarium. I could just hang out in there forever. But my favorite animal is a Gorilla. I do not even know if this particular Gorilla is still at the zoo, he may be gone. If he is, I will miss him sorely. See this one Gorilla and I kind of have a thing for each other. I used to visit the zoo several times a year, between class trips, and family outings. Every time I went, I would walk up to the glass in the Gorilla enclosure, and a particularly large male would come right over and sit himself down as close to me as he could get. If I put my hand on the glass, he would reach out and place his hand on mine. If I leaned my head against the glass, he would attempt to stroke my hair. He would stay there as long as I was willing to stay. The hubby liked to be an ass, and would come over and put his hand on my head, or my shoulder. He did this because each time he did, this Gorilla would start making threatening displays towards him. Beating his chest, running towards the glass, and beating sticks on the ground. When this would start, I would move on, as I hated to see him getting so upset. But I hope that he is still there the next time I go. He probably will not remember me after all this time, but it will be great to see him again. I also want to see the Desert Dome ,it has been years since I have been to the zoo. The desert dome was open last time I went, but we did not have time to take it in. It was still very new, and the line was long. I was pregnant with my youngest, and chaperoning Corey's class trip, which meant I was responsible for five hot, tired, hungry children who had no desire to see the Dome. I couldn't in all good conscience drag them through the long wait. So, I have yet to see it. You know, if I had life to do all over again, one of the changes I would make is that I would have gone to school to be a veterinarian. Maybe I will check out the jobs available at the zoo.. hmmmmmm. That's all, Goodnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the zoo too but if you ever get a chance you should try the children's zoo in Lincoln. I like it because it is a little more hands on. I also like the children's zoo in Minneapolis, MN. Oh, and Chinga Tu Madre but not really. Did they teach you that one?