Friday, September 28, 2007

Tonight...

Okay, so here I am, as promised. I will admit that I did not write this "first thing". Mainly because I woke up late. I slept a full six hours, which is a blessing as the lack of sleep effects me in such a way that I start feeling depressed after a few weeks of three hours a day. My mind goes to dark and scary places, and my whole life suffers because of my insomnia. So the sleep is good, but it caused me to miss my phone call, and almost made Corey miss the bus. That poor child had five minutes to get dressed, while I was brushing her hair, brush her teeth, give me a kiss, and run (and I mean that literally) to the bus stop where the other kids were forcing the bus to wait by refusing to get on until Corey made it. (Bless their sweet little souls.) (The bus has left before while she was running down the street to catch it. Stupid bus driver!) I just can not get over the fact that I slept through the phone ringing, and the alarm going off, not once but twice. (I set my double alarm. It goes off at fifteen til seven and again at seven to guarantee my lazy ass gets out of bed.) So after getting her off to school, and spending about three minutes with The Honey (He is already at work.), I got online, read my email, my myspace mail, my offline messages, and Handbook for the Hellbound. I smoked about four cigarettes. I drank a cup of nasty instant coffee, and here I am. Tonight is my last night at my job. It sucks. I never have really liked the job, but I have really learned to like most of the people I work with. It took some time, but I have become very close to many of the women (and men) that I work with. We are kind of like a disfuncional family of sorts. We have our problems, a bit of a language barrier is one, but we all really like each other, and we will miss each other. Take for example one freind in particular. She and I have formed a bond. She speaks to me in Spanish, I speak to her in English, and yet we have never seemed to have any problem communicating. I understand her completely. Last night, she was crying. I asked her what was wrong. She rambled at me in Spanish for awhile, and then put her arm around my shoulders and hugged me. I knew exactly what she meant. I will miss her too. Another one of the women who has managed to learn about ten English words to talk to me, got one of the leads to tell her how to say goodbye to me. She shook my hand warmly in both of hers, and managed to get her mouth to spit out the words "Glad to know you." To which she added "Amiga". I will miss her as well. Tonight we will be having a "Goodbye" dinner on our lunch break. Everyone has anted up a few bucks and they will be ordering something. After work tonight, I was supposed to be going to the bar with The Boss Lady. It is not going quite as planned. It appears our party of two has become a party of about twelve. It will be hard to say goodbye to these good people. I will probably cry. The layoff is for an undetermined period of time. They have offered us positions at another plant here in town. I have signed up to go to the other plant. I need the job. It may be a few weeks before I can get started there, but I will use the time I have wisely. I am going to get my house clean. I am going to spend some quality time with my children. I am going to start using those exercise dvd's I got. I am going to enroll in at least one class at the community college. But for tonight, I will just enjoy spending some time with my friends, and say goodbye. I will make plans with some, I will share my phone number with others, and I will miss them all very much. That's all, Goodbye.

No comments: