Saturday, September 29, 2007

Kind of...

Okay, so I did not lose my job. Kind of. I did get laid off. But I was hired on Friday by another plant owned by the same company and just across the parking lot from my old facility. We had a nice evening at work. Pretty easy all told. After work, some of us went out for an evening of fun and saying goodbye. We won't all be together anymore, and I will miss my friends. Boss Lady and I have made plans for a few get togethers in October. I exchanged numbers with various others who will not be moving to the new plant with me. I hope we all get together again soon. We had great fun. We danced, some of them got brave and sang, we drank (Oh, did I drink!), and there were even a few last minute confessions of secret crushes. All in all, not a bad way to end. After we finished breakfast, I called The Honey. We had, well, a wonderful chat. I have missed him, and am grateful that he is out on the road again and able to talk to me freely. My son Jamie came to spend the weekend with us, and I am so glad. He has spent a lot of time with his friends here, but he has made sure to save some time for his old mommy too, so all is well. I love that boy. That's all, Bye.

No comments: