Saturday, September 8, 2007

Just another day...

Okay, so I have to go to work tonight. I do not want to damn it. I want to sit here on my ass, and spend the day doing nothing. I do not know why this week has seemed to drag on forever at work. Really, I have only worked three days this week. With Monday being a holiday, and me not feeling well on Wednesday. But last night everyone at work seemed to be one rude comment away from snapping. Brad and I yelled at each other a couple of times. This other guy that works there was being a real ass, and even my sweet Phil was on edge. It was just not a good night for any of us. We did not get out of there until almost one in the morning, and we all knew we had to be back today for what is supposed to be a full shift. Last night I spent the majority of the night working with the guys. Usually this works out well for me since I tend to get along better with men than I do women, but I swear they were all on my last nerve last night. Brad gets frustrated because the leads let me get away with doing practically anything I want. At one point I was getting paid to stand there and smile. Our male lead had told me to just stand there and try to look busy if a blue hat came around. This angered some of the guys, as we had been opening up bags of product that for some reason or other didn't seal properly. When you are doing this re-work, you end up covered in gravy. All the guys have "yellows" or rain suits to keep them relatively clean. I do not, and so I was getting a bit of special treatment. I always volunteer for the nasty jobs. And if we are using gravy at all, I usually end up wearing some of it. But last night, I just didn't want to. I did finally say fuck it, and jumped in and started helping. Not because I had to, but because it gets boring after awhile just standing around doing a whole lot of nothing. I did end up dripping gravy. I even had some in my shoe. The one good thing about this, is that through the night we opened many different products. So I smelled like a mixture of things. Teriyaki, Brown sugar ham gravy, two types of beef gravy. The thing about it is, that the mixture of smells always puts me off eating. After spending eight hours smelling all that, the last thing i want to do is go home and eat, so maybe I lost another pound last night. I did finally get some new pics of me. I hate them, but I posted them on my myspace page. Well, I guess that is about all for now except that I want to tell you my son has come to spend the weekend with us. He is over at the neighbors house right now with his father watching a Cubs game. I am glad that the hubby is finally doing something fatherly with the boy, but I miss him so, and I was hoping to get a little time with him today since I will be at work all night. Maybe I will wake him up when I get home, so we can spend a little time just the two of us. Maybe. I do so love that boy. That's all, Bye.

No comments: