Saturday, September 15, 2007

New jammies and a doll of a Doc...

Okay, so I bought myself some new jammies today. I actually bought them for a little "mini-vacation" I was half ass planning on. It now looks as if this is not going to happen. That is okay. I am used to it. I never get the things I want the most. You would think by this point that I would quit getting my hopes up. But ever the optimist, (Or fool, depending on how you choose to look at it!) and all. I didn't get anything special. I just got what I am most comfortable in. Satiny jammie pants, and tank tops and t-shirts. Great comfy clothes for just hanging out and talking. That is what I was looking forward to the most. Just hanging out and talking with my best friend. Anyway, today didn't go quite as planned. I did go and get my contacts, at least my first pair. I have to go back next weekend, and have my eyes checked again before the Doc will write the script for me. By the way, my Doc was an absolute doll. He is cute as hell, and made me laugh. I think the people out in the waiting area thought we were nuts in there, just giggling away, the both of us. The exam took a lot longer than I had expected. By the time we got out of there, Toni and I had to run to Omaha to get smokes before the store closed. While we were there, the hubby started calling. He wanted me to stop and get toilet paper, money orders for a few bills, and Kentucky Fried Chicken for dinner. Never mind the fact that I have stopped and brought home dinner every night this week, and the groceries in the house are going to start going bad. I just did it rather than argue about it. By the time I made it home it was after eight. Toni was worn out, and I just wanted to eat and have a drink. I slipped into my new jammies, and here I sit, having really accomplished nothing today. I will finish off this bottle before I get to sleep tonight. I will cry myself to sleep again tonight, thinking about how I have completely screwed up my life. I will toss and turn worrying about how my washing machine broke down this afternoon. ( I am sure it threw a bearing, and I need to find a repair manual to see if I can fix it. "Maybe here online", I think with a hopeful gleam in my eye.) I need to get up early tomorrow, I need to take a couple of loads of clothes to Toni's house so that we all don't end up walking around naked all week. I refuse to give up. I refuse to give up. I refuse to give up. That's all, Goodnight.

No comments: