Saturday, August 4, 2007

Baby toes and clean clothes...

So, I tried that whole relaxation technique, and it actually worked. (Concentrate on relaxing the baby toe on your right foot, then move to the left etc. etc.) It took me awhile though. I was about to give up when The Honey's voice popped in my head talking me through it. That worked! (God Bless The Honey and his sweet, sexy, soothing voice in my head.) I actually slept for a long time. About six hours. I really needed that. I would probably still be asleep if the phone had not started ringing. I looked at the Caller ID, and decided not to answer it though. The calls were coming from a pay phone. That can only mean one of two things. Either the hubby is slowly making his way here, and is calling to try to scope out how much shit is going to be thrown at his head when he walks in the door, or he is in jail, and wants me to accept a collect call. I will not fight with him this time. There is nothing left worth fighting for. I also will not accept his collect calls. I need to be able to pay my phone bill so that I can talk to My Honey, and collect calls are just too damned expensive. So if he managed to land his ass in jail, he is just shit out of luck. I think I am going to spend the day trying to clean at least one room of my completely disgusting house. It is gross beyond description. I may need to hire a crew to come in with giant hoses and just wash it all down. Honestly I am the clutter queen, so even when my house is clean it is still a mess. I have stacks of bills here and there, books scattered through the house in various stages of use. Laundry baskets full of clean clothes that never seem to get folded and put away. But that I can live with. That is just me. I am used to that. What I can not seem to get used to is this pigsty I am currently sitting amongst to write this entry. See, I went on strike a few months ago. I started working, and there were two grown men, and three perfectly healthy children sitting at home all day making a mess, and not cleaning up after themselves at all. So I quit cleaning, except for washing the dishes that I need to use to eat, and washing clothes so I don't stink, I haven't done dick around here. And my God how nasty it is now! So I will have to spend all weekend trying to make some headway in the cleaning department...

No comments: